Friday, September 11, 2009

It is hard for me to choose just one image that has been influential to me because so many images affect me in different ways. I find this image, however, to be particularly amusing and influential in an obscure way. This photo was taken this past summer in San Francisco at my friend Audrey's house right after we had finished cooking dinner for her mom. I really like this photo because I like the contrast between the background, a well-set table full of food and wine with a girl looking disgruntled and frustrated with the more out-of-focus whimsical and light-hearted appearance of Audrey in the foreground. The body language, expressions, and attire of both characters are completely opposite from one another, which makes the setting of a well-set dinner table to be particular amusing and ironic and as something that I hope to capture in future photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment